28 Jan, 2010
Last night I decided to get more familiar with CCK and Views integration by way of rebuilding the Chords module, which is functional in its current state but doesn’t do much.
So, I’ve begun work on Chords 2 for Drupal 6. Major architectural changes:
- The original module has been split into two:
- The Chords API module provides basic functionality around calculating and rendering chords (and keeps the original module namespace)
- The Chords UI module contains the simple chord builder tool from the original module.
- New modules are on the way:
- A Chords Field module will provide a new CCK Chord field and some useful formatters
- A Chords Views module may provide Views 2 integration, if Chords Field doesn’t cover it.
I know better than to state a timetable, as these things have a way of languishing when other shiny objects catch my interest. However, if you’re interested in playing with the latest and greatest code, check out the CVS HEAD.